Business community unites to recognise outstanding business women
Garland Waddington was proud to be part of the 20th annual Sunshine Coast Business Women's Network (SCBWN) awards in August in which outstanding businesswomen on the Coast were recognised and encouraged.
The awards recognise women in business who inspire and empower others and shine in their field.
Judges had a hard task judging this year's awards, with a number of quality entries in the running for the individual categories.
Home Care Assistance Sunshine Coast founder Kendall Morton won the Outstanding Business Woman of the Year for 2018. Garland Waddington had the privilege of sponsoring this category and presenting Kendall with her award on the night.
The gala event was held at the Caloundra Events Centre and was made extra special because the SCBWN celebrated 20 years of annual awards. We are proud to have been a sponsor of the awards for most of those years, and look forward to continuing our partnership with the SCBWN into the future.
Congratulations to the other 2018 award winners:
- Professional Business Woman of the Year – Rebecca Hines, The Good Guys Warana - sponsored by Pacific Motor Group
- Micro Small Business Woman of the Year – Dione Mauric, Finn Franchise Brokers - sponsored by USC
- Corporate Business Woman of the Year – Kylie Pitt, Coastal Landscape Supplies - sponsored by The Events Centre
- Sustainable Business Woman of the Year – Joanna Kristoffersen, iJetski - sponsored by Sunshine Coast Council
- Young Business Woman of the Year – Jaymee Martin, YOUI - sponsored by What the Fox Creative