Outstanding Sunshine Coast Business Women Recognised
As a proud sponsor of the Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network Awards, Garland Waddington recently had the privilege of recognising Frances Cayley as the Outstanding Business Woman of the Year.
The project director of Sunshine Coast’s City Hall made quite an impression at the awards Gala on August 9 at the Caloundra Event Centre, speaking about raising awareness of all the opportunities for women in the local government sector.
Frances has played a critical role in leading the planning and delivery of Sunshine Coast Council’s new headquarters in the Maroochydore CBD, among her many other responsibilities.
Garland Waddington Partner Ken Waddington recognised the Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network is all about inspiring and empowering women.
“Our law firm has had the privilege of sponsoring of the event for 17 years, recognising women in business who are making a mark in their respective industries,” said Mr Waddington.
“Sunshine Coast women shine every day in and out of the workplace, and it’s important to harness this power to build a positive and driven community.”
Congratulations to the other remarkable winners:
- Professional Business Woman of the Year – Feda Adra, ComLink - sponsored by Pacific Motor Group
- Micro Small Business Woman of the Year – Natalie Tink, Miss Monogram - sponsored by USC
- Corporate Business Woman of the Year – Heidi Walker, Walker Seafoods - sponsored by The Events Centre
- Sustainable Business Woman of the Year – Kelly Lavery, Strucket - sponsored by Sunshine Coast Council
- Young Business Woman of the Year – Jade Law, Sunshine Coast Council - sponsored by Bentleys Sunshine Coast
To learn more about the Sunshine Coast Business Women Network awards, visit their website https://www.scbwn.org.au/.
Ken Waddington of Garland Waddington and Frances Cayley of Sunshine Coast Council
Kendall Morton of Home Care Assistance, Frances Cayley of Sunshine Coast Council and Ken Waddington of Garland Waddington